Friday, April 6, 2012

Collage-aholic


Collaging might be my most favorite thing ever. You start with one and build on the vibe that one image gives you, until you have a full poster-like board that communicates (hopefully) an idea, era, mood or otherwise. I've been doing this forever and until recently have I found a way to incorporate this into my work. Since then, a full collage-wall takes over the inside of Les Pommettes. We've had collage stickers, collage sign up books, collage background on our Twitter page, collage trimmed our website for a while.....and now we've added to this idea with Tumblr, Pinterest and Polyvore. Each gives you different things; Tumblr is mostly my inspiration "tear-sheet" wall, Pinterest translates my Tumblr inspiration to our in-store brands & merchandise, and Polyvore makes color/print story layouts. I love that these creative tools now help translate & communicate our vision for seasons, brands and collections. I hope you enjoy these "windows to my soul"! xoxo D.