Friday, February 26, 2010

Ranjana Khan: In the Press & In Store (Soon!)

Recent Press: Peek & Read Ranjana Khan in the latest issue of W Mag.





I took the elevator up to the penthouse of a typically gigantic New York building and when the elevator door opened I spied an intimidating whimsical set of large glittering doorknobs.

Inside was the sparkle, the essence and the excitement of the Naeem Khan's runway show that had prevailed at Bryant Park the night before. Looking as though they stood by themselves, mirrored dresses, sequined gowns beaded until they could be beaded no more- they were so stunning, I thought that I might have to wipe a tear from my eye.

I hear my name to the left and then there was the icing on the cake.

The icing on top of the most fabulous cake I've ever seen in my life would be the jewelry from the show, birthed by the genius that is Ranjana Khan.

Ranjana is a stunning woman who wears her hair on the top of her head and has a set of legs made for minis. A goddess in her own right, we chatted about how she sewed the first sample of tulle wrapped Lanvin pearls at her desk, and how the paintings that hang behind her desk were picked up at one of her friend's daughter's boyfriend's art shows...This woman has some serious style to be envious of.

From there we carried on to looking at the sequin roped tassel necklaces and bejeweled bracelets that we snapped on and off of our wrists, in awe of just how (yes I will use the word again) FABULOUS they are.

Now I am back in L.A., far from the glamorous penthouse of Ranjana Khan, waiting for our first shipment. Keep her on your radar, we'll be in touch with you soon... Spring arrivals coming soon...